Inspirational Story 3 – Achieve Your Goal

Achieve Your Goal

In a study done at Harvard University more than 40 years ago, researchers polled the graduating class of 1953 to find out how many students actually had clearly written specific goals and a plan for achieving them.

This being class of highly intelligent people at one of the world’s most renowned universities, you’d expect the answer to be most of them, right? Not even close. In fact, only 3 percent of the class had taken the time to write down their goals.

Achieve Your Goal

Now here comes the really interesting part. Some 20 years later, researchers polled this same group of graduates to see how they had fared in life. It turned out that 3 percent who had written down their goals had accumulated more wealth than the other 97 percent of their class combined! Researchers reported that these people also seemed healthier and happier than their classmates.

I was in college when I first heard about this study and I wondered if achieving your goals could really be that easy. “Put it in writing what you want and focus on it daily”? Well, it may not be easy, but over the years I definitely have seen it work.

Source: David Rich, Smart Woman Finish Rich


This is a short survey that I come across while designing one of the training programs while I was still a corporate wage earner. And I have preserved this. Mostly we like to hear good stories of who did what to succeed. But statistics gives you actual numbers that how many have actually succeeded? Hence I am intrigued to share that handful of people that are only 3% persevere to achieve their goal. 3%. Is not that pretty small number? And yes here the survey was done only for a renowned university who has nurtured brainy heads. What I find is that this world really needs a revamp. We should be out of the rat race and strive to achieve our goals and follow our dreams. Do you agree? Please comment your belief.

Inspirational Story 1 – 80th Level

Inspirational Story 2 – A Candle



I want to create a world in which the readers will be immersed, observing the places I have crafted and converse with people that I have given birth to, through my weirdest of the imagination.

View all posts by Shanu
3 Replies to “Inspirational Story 3 – Achieve Your Goal”
  • AKATAKA Alexander
    October 15, 2017 at 6:37 pm

    Nice content thanks

  • AKATAKA Alexander
    October 15, 2017 at 6:38 pm

    Nice content thanks It was helpful to me

  • Pooja G
    October 15, 2017 at 8:44 pm

    Totally agree with the conclusion, its time to rethink, dream and nurture the dream.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *